- Please refrain from adding any speculation or rumors to this article. If you have any legitimate information to add, please make sure to source it using citations.
- If anyone wants to add additional information related to this game on pages, such as items, secrets, trinkets, challenges, etc, please tag it with the category "The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth". This makes all of it easier to find and organize later when it's time to take all those wonderful findings and sort them into something that doesn't resemble a jumble. Thank you.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Ridiculon (Matthias Bossi, Jon Evans)
《以撒的结合：重生》（The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth），通称重生，是电脑游戏《以撒的结合》的重制版。该作由独立游戏开发商Nicalis制作，Edmund担任监督。该作于2014年11月4日于Steam上线，支持Windows、OS X和Linux系统，以及PlayStation 4和PlayStation Vita。2015年7月23日，该作又在Xbox One、3DS和Wii U平台上线。
Rebirth was first conceptualized during the release of The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb. Edmund McMillen admitted in a 2014 Q&A that there were plans to release another expansion of the game with a similar amount of content. Due to the limitations of Flash, corrupted files, and a general inability to continue support for the game, McMillen was at an impasse. When McMillen was approached by Tyrone Rodriguez of Nicalis about the possibility of a Super Meat Boy remake, McMillen instead suggested a Binding of Isaac remake as a workaround to the wall they had reached in development of the original. Despite bringing in a new developer to help with Rebirth, McMillen stayed in charge of nearly all aspects of the games development as the lead designer.
From the beginning, McMillen wanted to implement a completely revamped art style. The original Flash art was completed in two months and McMillen was never quite happy with it. It was voted on by the community and eventually a 16-bit Game Boy Advance art style was chosen. McMillen requested that Rodriguez hand-pick a pixel artist as to not force himself to push other projects back to try and do the art on his own.
Also planned from conception were: local 2-player co-op, 150+ new items, level seeds, new endings, and at least three new characters. Something that was deemed impossible at the time of development was support on Nintendo devices (though this was later changed).
The Binding of Issac: Rebirth brings back many aspects of the original. At it's core, it is still a top-down, 2D platforming dungeon crawler in which the player controls one of 14 characters and explores the levels of Isaac's basement. The player collects items, trinkets, tarot cards, and pills while attempting to survive a randomly generated dungeon floor composed of hazards such as fire, trapped chests, and challenge rooms. The player must advance through the basement while navigating through a multitude of enemies and bosses of varying rarity and strength.
- Hard Mode and subsequent rewards limited to the difficulty.
- The ability to save mid-session and return at will, as well as multiple save slots.
- Full screen support with a greater variety of resolutions.
- Animated effects, such as "fog, lighting, moving grass and torches", "non enemy creatures that wander, crawl, fly and eventually get stepped on", and "tons of other little effects like interactive puddles, smoke, subtle quakes, drips, drops and moving foliage".
- The "Faith" 属性 implemented as an actual character status.
- Image Export for post-game character appearances.
- Synergy between items that modify tears; such as an item that bestows homing and Brimstone leading to a homing Brimstone shot.
- Rewards for quickly finishing levels; an incentive to "speed run".
- Note: For the full list of items, see Items
- 1个新嗝屁猫道具： 嗝屁猫的项圈
- 小小星球, a teased item that greatly increases Range but causes tears to orbit the player character's body.
- 冠军腰带, a teased item that increases Attack while also increasing Champion enemy encounters.
- 蜘蛛宝宝, the companion item to 加击.
- 怪蛋的肺, allowing the player character a multiple blood shot similar to 怪蛋's.
- Some items changing categories, such as 扭扭虫 becoming a 饰品.
- Max's Head is replaced entirely by a new item with the exact same functionality: 克里吉特的头.
- Some items, such as 蓝蜡烛, being limited to higher 商店 tiers.
- 柠檬事故's range and duration increased and changed to a one room charge.
- 婴儿博士和 史诗婴儿 are harder to find. Epic Fetus in particular is now unlocked by completing 挑战#19, "Family Man".
- Best Friend will no longer kill Isaac upon explosion anymore, likely as a reference to the bugged hits (which can be instant death).
- 全家福 trinket is no longer needed to go to 宝箱层, and has been changed into a passive item.
- 伊甸：A randomized character. Unlocked by defeating The Womb for the first time, Eden has evenly balanced stats and two random items. Eden can only be played when a "Token" is earned by beating Mom's Heart or It Lives with any other character.
- 拉撒路：Unlocked by obtaining four or more Soul Hearts or Black Hearts in a single playthrough. Begins with slightly lower base stats but with an extra life and a random pill. When the extra life is used, Lazarus will become "Revived Lazarus" with an increase to most stats and the item Anemic.
- 阿撒泻勒：Unlocked by making three deals in the Devil Room in a single playthrough. 初始具有飞行能力、短射程 硫磺火和 0-愚者，以及三颗黑心。与？？？不同，阿撒泻勒可以获得心之容器。
- 游魂：Unlocked under very specific circumstances (before the release of The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth). The player must die consecutively in four different ways with specific characters: Issac, by a Mulliboom in the Basement or Cellar; Magdalene, by her own bomb in Caves or Catacombs; Judas, to any Mom attack in Depths or Necropolis; and Azazel, to any Satan attack in Sheol. Once unlocked, The Lost starts with the ability to fly, no hearts, and unable to gain red hearts.
- 25 enemies and 16 bosses have been completed as of 17 October 2013.
- Three New bosses have been teased, Dingle, The Haunt (Both shown in the gallery below) and Mega Maw
- Three new enemies has been confirmed, the Fatty (shown in the gallery below) the Nest, and Bony. The Fatty are similar to Gapers as it has a chance to turn into another enemy when killed, the Nest is a Spider version of the Hive spawning a Butt Spider upon death, and finally the Bony who are remains of an unknown monster, it has an A.I identical to Knights but instead will stop and throw a bone in Isaac's direction then continuing to walk in whatever direction it was facing.
- The Isaac and ??? boss fights will be less similar to each other in Rebirth.
- Champion enemies will be more different in new ways.
- All Champion enemies now drop specific items based on their suit of color and will have special abilities such as invisibility (Black), leaving a trail of green slime (Green), or attracting tears to themselves (Purple).
- New special rooms like the Curse Room will be added in Rebirth.
- Rooms will come in different shapes and sizes, some being so large that the screen will scroll when Isaac walks around them.
- Room configurations with 3, 2 or one possible entrances can appear (e.g. rooms with only a single walkway to the other side).
- More environmental hazards like Cobwebs and Spikes will be implemented, but no "slippery" hazards like ice, since Edmund dislikes them.
- A new final chapter will be added, along with new endings.
- Choosing between Sheol and the Cathedral will be more meaningful by making Sheol more interesting and difficult. Edmund also hinted at another "The Chest"-like level for Sheol.
- Shops will be more important in Rebirth, although there will still be only 1 shop per floor. There will be 20 cent items, and various new items will be added to the Item Pool.
- Edmund has said that Sacrifice Rooms will be more interesting in Rebirth.
- More Curses and graphical reworks for already existing ones will be added.
- Spikes that retract into the floor.
- Edmund might possibly add an angel counterpart of Krampus for Angel Rooms.
- Edmund wants to add new secrets that can be unlocked by performing certain actions. For example, using the We Need To Go Deeper! item in Sheol does nothing in the original game, but doing this in Rebirth could uncover new secrets.
- There will be a lot of changes to the effect of the "Everything's Terrible" secret achievement.
- Edmund might "do a bestiary like spelunky did", but he will never add detailed item descriptions.
- Brimstone horns hats will be available for Team Fortress 2 to the people who preordered the game on steam.
- A new type of Beggar who asks for keys. 
- Beggars will look at nearby Beggars. 
- Decorative pots.
|“||"The creepy-cute dungeons of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth are amazingly different and challenging every time."||”|
—— Dan Stapleton, IGN, November 25, 2015
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth highly favorable reviews from various sources. Multiple reviews gave the remake a higher rating than the original, citing the improvements in gameplay and the introduction of various items, enemies, bosses.
|Reviewer||PC||PS4||PSVITA||XBOX ONE||WIIU||New 3DS|
- A majority of the game's bugs have already been fixed, even ones that Edmund was not aware of.
- Arcades will be retooled to make them less time-consuming, although Edmund did not specify how this will be done. The probability of the machines blowing up will be increased.
- In general, there will be a greater incentive to spend less time on floors. Some new items will somehow be sensitive to time, which was impossible in flash. Edmund's goal is that the average run time in the remake will be a little shorter than in the current game.
- Steam's "Early Access" feature will not be available for Rebirth.
- Choosing between going to Sheol or the Cathedral will be more meaningful.
- "Breaking" the game with extremely powerful item combinations will still be possible, especially with the large number of new items. Edmund wants to avoid breaking the game in terms of crashing, however.
- The Stats in the pause screen will not be any more detailed than they are currently, because Edmund does not want players to see the exact stat numbers. The bars themselves will be less confusing, though.
- There will be no items referencing famous people in the Binding of Isaac community, because Edmund doesn't want people to feel left out for not getting the reference. He also says that it feels like breaking the fourth wall, and is unnatural.
- Some item pick-up quotes will be re-written so they are more understandable.
- Some graphical updates will be added so items will look better when stacked on top of each other.
- Edmund and Nicalis reduced the price by 33% for anyone who had the original game and tried to preorder the game before November 4th.
- The remake features local two player co-op, but no online multiplayer as to avoid extending the development time any further (it will not be included in an online patch, either). The second player can join in at any time as a shooting Familiar by pressing "Start" on his/her controller, causing Isaac to lose a Heart Container (which will be given to the new player). Subsequent presses of the start button will give more heart containers to the second player, and Isaac will lose them accordingly.
- Edmund wants to balance unfair rooms and "ham-fisted" bosses that depend on the player's items rather than their skill. He said that he originally wanted The Binding of Isaac to be more of a bullet-hell style game, but it lagged Flash too much, resulting in the current Binding of Isaac.
- The controls of a keyboard/controller are now able to be rebound.
- At first, Edmund presented four different possible styles for the remake. The GBA look was the most voted on. After some tweaks, the graphical style for Rebirth is now set. Edmund releases periodical GIFs and updates on the game. Any images released will be posted here. In case of .gifs, click the image in the gallery to show them animated.
- Edmund McMillen, 2014. http://bindingofisaac.com/post/77761867219/the-binding-of-isaac-rebirth-2014-qa